Friday, November 2, 2007

Whale Watching Season Is Coming Soon! - See them off of South Point

Whale watching season is almost here. The Big Island of Hawaii gears up for the return of the humpback whales in November. These graceful mammals are always extremely entertaining to watch.



Guests at our B&B love to go just down the road to South Point and watch them swim around the peninsula. It is an even bigger thrill to be at the southern most tip of the United States and see this fantastic sight at the same time. Seeing a double breech is just magical!


This is just one of the local spots in the vicinity of the Leilani Bed & Breakfast where these sightings are possible from land.






Many tourists book themselves out on boat excursions from various spots on the island to get a closer look, but there is something to be said for viewing them undisturbed, reverently, and from such a magnificent natural perch.


We invite people to our “hidden paradise” and experience this wonder of nature. The Big Island of Hawaii and whale watching! It will take your breath away!


Much aloha,


Lynn & Randy

3 comments:

Patrice said...

Thank you for your tips on where to go whale watching in Hawaii. I'm lucky to have seen whales breaching from a distance. I'm looking forward to our visit to the Big Island to get a closer look, go deep-sea fishing, and relax on the black-sand beach. We're looking forward to our Hawaii adventure!

Anonymous said...

This is John XU7ACQ. I enjoyed my contact with Randy. My home is in Colorado

Anonymous said...

Just had to leave a comment, I worked Randy KH6RC today on 10 meters (28.435MHZ)aprox. 2PM Arizona local time I was most happy that he heard my signal as I was running only 5 watts on a Yaesu FT-817 and a Miracle whip antenna indoors surrounded by the red rocks here in Sedona ! I have a Hawaiian call sign WH6PH as I was licensed in Honolulu Hawaii and hope to return to live there again in Hawaii some day !I have visited the Big Island numerous times while living in Honolulu and Kona is very beautiful! Take care and Aloha from Sedona Arizona Tom WH6PH